Differences between revisions 1 and 2
Revision 1 as of 2013-08-09 04:50:54
Size: 1382
Editor: MapleGayl
Revision 2 as of 2013-08-09 06:41:04
Size: 0
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
Keyboards that comes bundled when you buy a computer are usually membrane keyboards. Because of the plastic or rubber membrane design, membrane keyboards are generally inexpensive. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8044/8407142800_9f5f5af571.jpg You can buy one at $10. But, they provide a [[http://dictionary.Cambridge.org/dictionary/british/relatively|relatively]] poor typing experience and feeling.<<BR>>
You have to press a completely towards its bottom, known as bottoming out. This causes finger pains or fatigue, or worse repetitive strain injury (RSI) such as carpal tunnel syndromes. It's harder to type when there are no tactile feedback too. Some TV Remotes, or buttons on your microwave ovens use the same membrane technique. They give feedback by beeps, or lights.<<BR>>
On the other hand, a [[http://computergeek.jimdo.com/|mechanical keyboard]] has 'real' switches under each key. This recreates the feeling of typing on a typewriter, or the vintage keyboards like IBM Model M or Apple Extended Keyboard.<<BR>>
Depending on the type of switches, you can receive a crisp response from your finger, or even hear the 'click' sound feedback with your ear. With these feedbacks you can know you have pressed / activated a key on the half way without bottoming out. This's like using the camera half-press buttons, when you are doing focusing.