Run Hedge on OSCAR using a preexisting Hedge installation
So you already have Hedge working on some machine, and now you want to run the code on OSCAR with minimal effort. To do this...
- tar your src folder using 'tar -cf src.tar src/'
- sftp into ccv to put src.tar
- from ccv sftp into oscar to put src.tar
- untar in your folder of choice with 'tar -xf src.tar'
- 'source ~kloeckner/add-soft-env'
- in src 'eval $(./repotool env)
- in src './repotool start-over'
Now you will be able to run Hedge as usual. It is recommended you add steps 6 and 7 to your startup file .bashrc. It has been observed that upon executing 'source ~kloeckner/add-soft-env' vim will no longer behave as expected. A simple fix is to copy add-soft-env into your home directory, and use the following line instead: 'export PATH=$MACHROOT/cuda/bin:~kloeckner/pool/visit/bin:$PATH:$MACHROOT/bin'. Note that $MACHROOT/bin is now searched last.